Sunday, November 22, 2015

Google Sites

This past week's assignment was to create a teacher website that could be used for our future class by using Google Sites. A teacher's website can be a useful tool for students, as well as the parents. It can inform students and parents of assignments due, a calendar, expectations, newsletters, etc. The possibilities are endless. Creating my website was easy to use through Google Slides, however, it was a little difficult to figure out how to add a "Home" button on a certain page. But, I eventually figured it out. I created my "mock" website as if I were a first grade teacher. I created four different pages: a home page, a course information page, a page about myself and my experiences, and a page with some resources. Google Sites is free to use, and there a many different templates to choose from. Instead of choosing a template, I used a blank one so that I could add things that I wanted on my site. Overall, Google Sites is easy to use and the start-up process is pretty smooth. I could see myself using this again when I begin to teach.

Creating a website ties in with the NETS-T with the third standard: Model Digital-Age Work and Learning. By Communicating relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats. The teacher's website is a beneficial tool that allows an easy and effective way for parents to communicate with their child's teacher. It can also allow the parents to receive information efficiently and could allow them to see what is going on in their child's classroom.

Click here to view my Google Sites website.

No comments:

Post a Comment