Monday, November 30, 2015

Final Blog - A Reflection

I loved, loved, loved this class! I came in wondering why I had to take this course since I already took a computer applications course. I now understand why. I learned about so many different things that can help me when I begin to teach. The computer applications course did help me through this course though; especially with the test. J There are sooooo many websites that can assist in basically everything. Most importantly they are….FREE. I also learned how to integrate technology into the classroom by using various programs, such as Google Slides. My eyes were opened to all the different applications that Google has to offer…simply amazing. I still, however, like the Microsoft Suite…at least when it comes to PowerPoint. PowerPoint would have to be my strong point since I’ve used a gazillion times. The Google Docs was interesting though, I liked how I was able to write my add-in and see the other contributions. I could actually see them typing…this is better than email and I could see myself using it down the road. My favorite assignment was the Movie Maker. Hands down. I had fun adding pictures and timing my slides to music. I could use Movie Maker, as a teacher, to create a movie of class activities and then post them to my website for parents to see. Web tools had to have been my second favorite assignment. I especially loved Wordle. I liked how rubistar can help me make a rubric and it was so easy! I’ve started using Quizlet to prepare for tests, and I know I’ll continue using it once I start teaching. There wasn’t anything that I really disliked bout this class. The only thing I was really confused about, was at the beginning, with Kidspiration. It was foreign to me and I was lost. It took me a little bit, but I eventually got it…this was my weak point.  But, once I started, I have to admit it was fun. Through all of the assignments I have learned about: various sites and applications that can help me in the future, assistive technology, how to integrate technology into the classroom, and most importantly…the NETS-T. My future learning goals are to continue looking my websites or applications that can help me integrate technology into the classroom. In the case that it is something like Kidspiration, I can practice and play with it to combat any weakness that I may have. When I become a teacher, I will carry the NETS-T with me and integrate technology into my classroom. Through PowerPoint presentations, concept maps, my classroom website, and various other tools I know it can be done. I am excited to know what I know now, and I cannot wait to apply my knowledge to inspire my students to create and gain knowledge.

Happy Holidays!!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment